Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Black Matte Jersey

Ok, So I am still working on some of the easier projects from my stash. I think I have built up some fairly good momentum, so more interesting projects are definitely on the way. But it is nice to work on easy, quick to make projects that give me confidence. So here is what I have done with some of the 9 yards of black matte jersey that I have in stash. I have also laid out a cardigan and plan to make a dress and another top from the rest of the black matte jersey.

The skirt is McCalls 6126 and was easy to make. It is a great wardrobe builder and a great pattern from a beginner who would like to go beyond straight seams. I had to shorten the hem by 6" and this was very hard to do because the hem is not a simple straight hem.

The pants are from Butterick 4789. They are a little wider in the leg that I'd hope, but they are soooo comfortable and easy to wear. I have already worn them twice and I just made them two weeks ago! This is an excellent pattern for beginners.

The top is an out-ot-print (OOP) Butterick 3521 pattern. I have loved this design for ages and am elated that I finally got a chance to make it. I love this top and will definitely wear it on a date with dh. This top adds a 'modest' sex appeal to the other two more career appropriate pieces.



3 comments:

  1. This is really a gorgeous design! Perfect in the black matte jersey. Congratulations on your commitment to reducing your stash! I'll be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, stylish AND sexy! Way to start sewing up those garments! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete