Monday, May 2, 2011

White Linen Men's Suit - Vogue 1753

I made my DH a dashing 100% linen suit. Cost about $47 to make and is lined with cotton and washable! Excuse the wrinkles, we simply didn't bother to iron before these spur of the moment pictures.

This pattern was great! Check out the review below for more information.



Pattern Description:
Men's Suit

Pattern Sizing:
Men

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes they were. I think this is a great pattern for a first timer; as I was.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I liked the simplicity of it.

Fabric Used:
100% linen.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I had to add 3" to the length of the jacket and 1.5" to the sleeve length....dh is tall. I just added this length where the pattern says 'lengthen here'.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, but there are other men's patterns that I would like to try.

Conclusion:
Give this pattern a go, I think it is fairly easy given that it is a suit.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed. A man's tailored suit is a big undertaking. The photos looks great. You two will be a smashing couple on your anniversary. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete